This is about me and my life and my thoughts and my whims and well u'll see :D

Tadaaaaaaaaaa............................

For the people looking for some useful piece of information or anything remotely related to the word useful, should leave immediately, as this blog comprises of useless and arbit pieces of things which merge together and make my life :D

Monday, March 26, 2007

Webanalytics

This was my first blog after I joined AOL.I lost that accnt due to some glitch and found it due to some luck.
Here is the first posts of that blog

Friday, September 01, 2006

I was just going thru this article for a presentation about web analytics and wen I got really bored of it I just came in here to write a lil bout whatever I have learnt. Apart from the learnings that I have had, the most striking thing that I realized is, that how different and at the same time how same are the two kind of marketing.E-commerce is fast replacing the regular conventional commerce.not that it ever going to totally replace it(maybe it can!!) but still the way its making way into ppl's life is remarkable(not that it doesn’t make sense).well for any buyer the convenience is the biggest factor that might make you buy from a e commerce site rather then going thr and then buying it(its applies specially to the bedbugs like me) but the touch and feel factor(which is really important in markets like India) is missing.Now seeing the other side of the story is the e marketing.I feels that this is a very convenient way of marketing provided you know the trick of the game.It has to hit the nail coz here ur actual presence is fairly missing and apart from that thr are so many (seriously!!) people who just come around to see and not to buy.So profiling the exact customer and knowing your audience is very important.Apart from that we need to know that where am I loosing the business and more precisely to whom.Small mistakes some where in the site can lead to a big lose.I mean take for instance what if u are trying to ell something and the submit button doesn’t work.Also the surfing pattern of any consumer is extremely important. In general it the human tendency to just flip thru the first few choices, so making sure that ur product (if there are comp present)or ur most premium product(in case its just ur products which are present) shud come at the top.Then the chances of ur product being clicked and being visible(if not bought) is high.Well but this is just start fo the process the actual trick is in the conversion of visitors to the buyers.When we can do that the game is ours.To solve these kinds of things we use web analytics (which basically is my domain).This is a process of using the available information of page view and visitors to ones site to derive and improve your business.Whether its a customer complaint site or a search engines.This information can not just reveal a lot about the usage patter but also bout who is buying my product and who is just interested in simple harmless(rather harmful) surfing.As the people who use internet or more precisely any portal for advertising pay thru their nose each of the clicks made at their site and each of the page visited is a cost causing thing.So they have to be very careful about how they go about it.
Well let’s see how i face it but rite now is the time to go.Its Friday :) and me leaving

No comments: