This is about me and my life and my thoughts and my whims and well u'll see :D

Tadaaaaaaaaaa............................

For the people looking for some useful piece of information or anything remotely related to the word useful, should leave immediately, as this blog comprises of useless and arbit pieces of things which merge together and make my life :D

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

My ex-roomies

I just overcame the big turmoil caused by the long power cut (almost 8 hours).
Its 3:15 in the morning or night or whatever it’s known as and I am not sleepy as am still recovering from the shock all that darkness has left me with.
With the power cuts all my hidden fears come up (as mentioned in the last to last blog).
Anyways just to overcome that shock I wrote a real long post about my Ex- roomies but then as they say (by they I refer the voices in my head) some days are not meant for you to write blogs ( yeah they say some real funny stuff) so the whole post got deleted (of course by my smartness).
But I decided that today was the day I was missing my roomies, or so to say my ex- roomies, so today should be the day I should write a post bout them, no matter how many times I have to rewrite(I hope this is the last one :().

So, I had two roomies, both absolute delight, and this coming from me is no normal stuff as I seriously have this strong dislike for girls (well not all but most of them, Ok some of them, very few actually).
So the first one was jeena AKA jeans.
She is one of the sweetest rolly polly that I have ever met. I little reserved in nature but once she gets handy (yeah handy is the word use for her) she will never let you down in any department.
Not a very fabulous cook but she never gave up on that. Her motto was “try and try till some dies".
So as we waited for our death she kept her experiments on, with breakfasts, lunches and dinners.
Not all her cooking used to be bad.
I remember once when she made chicken curry it was fabulous, except for the chicken dissolved in the curry, but the curry was damn good (seriously!!).
She is one of the most caring people that I have met and the best part is that she won’t be all show kinda caring.
She would care n her own subtle manner. She used to cook so many times for me when I used to come home starving n all that and even during the weekends when I would be saying no I am not hungry n all that.
She had her own set of principles to which she stuck with all her might but with us spoilt creatures she would let them go for once or twice in day :)
All in all a sweetheart.
Also she was this chubby thing who was on a little higher side of the weighing scale.
We used to pester her so much about going to gym n all (specially after her marriage was fixed)but she was reall happy with herself (A big achievemnet for a girl as no girl is happy with her looks these days).
The second that I had in my room was Rashmi AKA rash' (I till this date have not understood the significance or meaning of this ' in her alias but nevermind)
She was one of the most sensible jokers that I have ever met in my life.
Had a caustic sense of humor, with impeccable timing (she will kill you with just her "Whatever", just when you thing you have finally given your best comment and there is no comeback for her)
She had her typical jokes like "Are you a blond with hair dyed as brown or black or whatever".
She gave full competition to jeena in cooking ( I remember once she made Ladyfinger for her fiancé' and asked my views, I very earnestly told her "don’t make him eat it". He will not marry you if he survives after eating this.)
She was the mother of the house not in the caring sharing sense but somehow in times of crisis the first that used to occur to us was"rasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssshmiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" more on the tone of "mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"
So that’s why I call her the mother of the house.
Damn responsible dame, I mean from the house's calculation to contacting the house owner, to electricity bill. to gas agency, everything somehow used to be her responsibility ( I miss her more as all this has fallen onto the most irresponsible creature possible, yeah yeah that me).
Watching Tv was so much fun with these two, specially rashmi.
She had these killer comments about everything on TV (especially with the juicy e-news on Zee cafe and VH1). Even the sad(I would call them sadistic) Saas-Bahu traumatic serials used to be fun with her special backend commentary in full blow.
I was always in her awe for her vast knowledge about English songs, specially rock.
If ever there is an English song antakshari she would surely be the winner or something close to it. She was some dame and despite of being extensively bold she was never reckless about anything.
There are a lot of things that both these dames taught me.
How to handle various people right from your boss to your colleague to your husband (Rashmi had more "pearls of wisdom" to give to both of us then anybody else).
So many troubled times when I was totally clueless about what to do next these two girls came forward and not just supported me but advised me with the best solution.
I really miss all the tiny "In-house parties" that we used to have and how sharing with them used take all the load of my shoulders.
I remember once when I had a huge problem in office these too girls just gave me the instruction of how to brave out the battle filed.
And it worked like a charm.
But like everyone lese these two too got married and left with their husbands :(
I really miss all the times spent with them and cherish all the moments that we had together.
May they get the best in life and stay the same forever :)

2 comments:

roxanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
roxanne said...

Hmm..Not that am touched or anything, but Thanks dudette :)

P.S: You could get an invite for lunch on your new cell phone sometime soon ;)