This is about me and my life and my thoughts and my whims and well u'll see :D

Tadaaaaaaaaaa............................

For the people looking for some useful piece of information or anything remotely related to the word useful, should leave immediately, as this blog comprises of useless and arbit pieces of things which merge together and make my life :D

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Moraly right .............??????????????

Well yesterday I was reading this article in Bangalore times( yes I do read that crap and in fact that my favorite newspaper). It was about some ad about some deo which was totally demeaning for women.
Well I thought what’s new in that any Ad you see today it has women. Even if its a Car ad or a butter ad or any damn thing a skimpily clad chick would be roaming around with some muscle man ( I really don't understand why are women considered so brainless and why are guys so shallow to fall for that).
Any ways so I went on to read the actual story. Well knowing Bangalore times I knew that these bimbos running around in an ad won't make a news enough for Bangalore times to bother enough, there has to be something else. And Viola!!!!!!!!!! as if they wanted me to be right, there was more and come to think of it so much more, Well to be precise it was the new axe ad that is being aired on almost all the channel and almost all the time, with the tag line "turns nice girls naughty". and prove their tag line they have used librarian, policewomen and hold your breath, A SCHOOLGIRL.

Yeah you heard it right a school girl. Well what on earth the creative director of the ad was thinking and who actually does he thinks he is. Well am sure after that article he must be laughing allowed saying “See, using the school girl thingy paid off. No matter for what but at least people took notice and any publicity is good publicity". I think they should know what exactly is there limit, where are they suppose to draw the line and how much are they allowed to go beyond the line. I means seriously a school going kid should be used as a toy for there erotic ads, just to create some sensation.
He should know that there is a limit to which the ads can be raunchy, beyond that it’s nothing but being pervert.
And this is not the only ad which on with such stuff. And at this note I just wonder where are those moral policemen who have taken the moral responsibility of the whole society on their tiny little weak shoulders. Be it the shilpa-Gere kiss, or the Hrithik-ash smooch, or even Konkana sen smoking on screen. The censor board, the police, the lawyers, the judges everyone just come out with their weapons ready to shoot on anyone who tries to fondle with our culture. Even to Mandira bedi wearing a Saree comprised of all the flag or sporting ek omkar tatoo, everyone had some or the other problem.
And am not showing any disrespect to our culture or flag or anything am as proud to be an Indian and would go to any extend to condemn anyone who disrespect it. But aren't we ridiculing ourselves by shelling out arrest warrant for a non-Indian for publicly kissing someone( And come to think of it I do feel it was inappropriate but a warrant is a lil too much, I mean what was the judge thinking) and taking any step for such a thing.

There is no moral conduct that these guys should adhere to. Well there has to be something that should be done about such people who wont even spare kids out of their fantasy world.

There was an ad recently where snow white was suppose to be doing it with the seven dwarfs (honestly at first I thought it was funny, but then I thought it was stinkingly perverse)

I think no one has the answer about, what is it that is morally right and what is not and who would decide when is it that the line is crossed.

No comments: