This is about me and my life and my thoughts and my whims and well u'll see :D

Tadaaaaaaaaaa............................

For the people looking for some useful piece of information or anything remotely related to the word useful, should leave immediately, as this blog comprises of useless and arbit pieces of things which merge together and make my life :D

Monday, April 30, 2007

Manic monday!!!

Well today is Monday!! and am suffering the Monday blues for more then one reason (precisely 4).
First my whole boy clock thingy has gone hay wire during the weekend (Again!!!!).
Slept at 5:30 A.M. on Friday so got up at around 6 in the evening on Saturday and thus slept at 8 on Saturday and got up at 5 again on Sunday evening and finally slept for only 1 and half hours before coming to office.
So all am feeling is an urgent need of a bed and my pillow :(.
Secondly I finally finished off “Harry potter and the half blood prince” which I left last year owing to certain eerie parts in it of which I got scared and left. So I finally completed it (Yeah dats wat I was doing on Saturday).
But that was one of the most depressing novel endings I have ever read, Dumbledore is dead.
I cried my heart out when I read that (Yeah am a lil crazy and senti in dat regard). And this depressed me on Sunday as well (well it was one of the reasons).

The third reason is that the friend that I talk to the whole day about everything whatever happens to me or has happened under the sun is not well (has some fever).
So he can't chat and when he finally, did come to chat, I pissed him off!!
So am a little bored (despite of huge amount of work on my head).
And fourth and last reason is that I had to interview people today. This was my first experience with interviewing people and I did not like it at all or rather I hated it.
Yeah obviously I liked the idea of being given the importance n all that but still some how I felt its not my prerogative to decide who is worthy of a certain job.
But then I wondered someone has to do it and well this is my turn to be that someone.
But somehow I loathed the idea of crashing the hopes of someone who has come so hopeful so optimistically that this is the place they wanna be and then 20 minutes spent with someone and all those dreams come crashing down.
May be am not all that strong but I guess its just that I compare everything with what I go through. When I was looking for a job I was really desperate and how each interviewing and each cold response would make me shudder that its gone.
How each time the interview says O.K. or are you sure I use to have a reall tight knot in my stomach and how miserable I use to feel.
Anyways everything has two side and everyone experiences both sides some or the other time.
So I just tried to mellow down the pressure that my team lead was trying to build on the candidates (And I sucked at it)
I think grilling a candidate is a stupid thing to do unless you want him to be working on line of control all the time. It can make anyone might miss out on some of the good point in these grilling sessions.
Anyways it was a different experience and now I know the experience of sitting on this side of the table.

No comments: